Early Help Offer
'Early Help' describes the type of early intervention and support that can be provided when a child or young person's needs are not being met by routine universal services, but do not meet the threshold for a specialist service such as Children's Social Care.
The Early Help Offer is about working with partners to help children, young people and families deal with their issues as early as possible; providing information, advice and services at the right time; supporting them to resolve their concerns as needs emerge.
What Early Help do we offer in our school?
• Small group work, eg intervention work
• Emotional Literacy Support
• YMCA Counselling Support
• Parenting Support
• Lego Therapy
• Family Support Worker from the Church
• Foodbank Referral
• Member of SLT ‘Meets and Greets’ on the school gate or in the playground before and after school
• Breakfast Club
• After School Club
• Texting vulnerable parents with information relating to the child, eg When PE kits are needed
• Open door policy
• Daily mile
• Attendance Meetings
• Early Bird Weeks
• Discussions during registration
• Nurture Room